Butler County residents woke up to another coating of snow on Tuesday – enough to cause slick spots on the roads and force some public school districts to delay the start of classes.
Light snow is expected to continue falling through noon and then taper off, according to the National Weather Service. It is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high today of 30 and low tonight of 20.
A few Butler County public school districts – including A-C Valley, Moniteau and Slippery Rock – delayed classes by two hours. A full list of school and community delays and cancellations is available here:
- Butler Area School District: 2-hr delay with modified kindergarten’;
- Butler County Area Vocational Technical School: 2-hr delay
- First Baptist: 2-hr delay;
- Seneca Valley: 2-hr delay with modified kindergarten;
- Slippery Rock: 2-hr delay;
- South Butler County School District: 2-hr delay with modified kindergarten;
- St. Luke Lutheran School: 2-hr delay with modified kindergarten;
- St. Wendelin School: 2-hr delay no morning preschool.
Another storm system will makes its way into the area late tonight, promoting the NWS to issue a Winter Weather Advisory beginning at 2:00 a.m. Wednesday and continuing through 6:00 p.m. A mix of snow, freezing rain and sleet is expected, leaving between 3-5 inches before the system moves out of the area Wednesday evening.