Financial literacy means having a set of skills and knowledge that allows an individual to make informed and effective decisions with all of their financial resources.
The seminars are held at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays through March 13 at the library, 316 N. Main Street, Slippery Rock. Registration is required; call 724-738-9179.
These topics have been scheduled:
- Feb. 06: Tips for paying back student loans.
- Feb. 13: What to know about checking accounts.
- Feb. 20: Guide to understanding health insurance plans.
- Feb. 27: Understanding renters’ insurance.
- Mar. 06: What to know about auto insurance.
- Mar. 13: How to make and stick to a budget (rescheduled from Jan. 16).