Lawrence County property tax bills were mailed Monday to all property owners, according to county Treasurer Richard L. Rapone.
Property owners can pay their taxes at discount through May 4. The face-value phase will be May 5 through July 6. Anyone paying their county taxes July 7 through Dec. 31 will be assessed a penalty cost. After Dec. 31, all unpaid taxes are turned over to the Lawrence County Tax Claim Bureau.
In order for residents to pay their county taxes easier, the county treasurer’s office since 2008 has set up tax outreach centers in municipalities countywide so those who cannot get to the courthouse can pay their taxes in person. The outreach centers, at 23 locations, will be open on different, designated dates, beginning in mid-March.
County taxes also may be paid any weekday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at the treasurer’s office in the Lawrence County courthouse at 430 Court Street.
The bills are for county taxes only, and do not include municipal or school taxes, which are set and billed separately by those governing entities.
This year’s county tax outreach schedule, by location, is:
- Scott Township fire hall, 3712 Harlansburg Road, Route 108, 9 a.m. to noon, March 14.
- Volant Borough building, 525 Main Street, Volant, 10 a.m. to noon, March 16.
- • Wayne Township municipal building, 1418 Wampum Road, Ellwood City, 9 a.m. to noon March 19.
- Ellwood City Municipal Building, 525 Lawrence Ave., Ellwood City, 9 a.m. to noon, March 20.
- Wampum Borough building, 355 Main St. Extension, Wampum, 10 a.m. to noon March 21.
- Perry Township municipal building, 284 Reno Road, Portersville, 9 to 11 a.m. March 22.
- Union Township municipal building, 1910 Municipal Drive, 9 a.m. to noon March 27.
- New Beaver Borough building, 778 Wampum-New Galilee Road, 10 a.m. to noon, March 28.
- Mahoning Township municipal building, 4538 W.State St., Hillsville, 9 a.m. to noon April 4.
- Wilmington Township municipal building, 669 Wilson Mill Road, 9 a.m. to noon April 5.
- Taylor Township municipal building, Industrial Street, 9 a.m. to noon April 9.
- Neshannock Township Municipal Complex, 3131 Mercer Road, 8 a.m. to noon April 11.
- Plain Grove Township municipal building, 1029 Plain Grove Road, Volant, 10 a.m. to noon April 12.
- • Bessemer Borough, H. Spencer Carr Municipal Building, 201 E. Poland Avenue, 9:00 a.m. to noon April 16.
- Shenango Township municipal building, 1000 Willowbrook Road, 9:00 a.m. to noon April 17.
- North Beaver Township municipal building, 861 Mount Jackson Road, 9 a.m. to noon April 18.
- Enon Valley Fire Department, 152 Cass St., Enon Valley, 10 a.m. to noon April 19.
- New Wilmington Borough building, 134 High Street, 10 a.m. to noon April 23.
- Slippery Rock Township municipal building, 4334 Route 422, 9 a.m. to noon, April 24.
- South New Castle Borough, 2412 Adella St., 10 a.m. to noon April 25.
- Ellport Borough, 313 Burns Ave., Ellwood City, 9 a.m. to noon April 26.
- Hickory Township municipal building, 2375 Eastbrook Road, 10 a.m. to noon April 27.
- Pulaski Township municipal building, 1172 State Route 208, Pulaski, 9 a.m. to noon.